We would love to support your learning to ride and road safety journey. Our program is run over 10 weeks over each school term. This includes:
An initial parent/carer information session
- Our team of trained educators will go over the program in detail. We will work with you to set realistic goals for your child. Our Exercise Physiologists and Occupational Therapist will work with your child to determine which type of bike they need and to assess their existing skill set.
Nine Weekly training sessions
- Sessions are held currently held at Cranleigh School in Holt and run for roughly 80 minutes. While each session is different most will look something like this:
- Introduction and overview (10 minutes)
- Rotation through three activity stations, focused on cycling training, road safety, exercise therapy and games (15 minutes each)
- Free riding and road safety practice (20 minutes)
- Finishing up (5 minutes).
- The sessions are supported by the consistent use of visuals, as well as clear behavioural expectations that are discussed during our introductory sessions. We use lots of positive reinforcement to keep our participants motivated.
- We recognise that each student is different and comes to the program with different needs. Our point of difference is our commitment to providing a personalised, student centred learning environment that is responsive to the needs in individual participants
- Access to training materials specifically developed to support our learning program. These manuals reinforce and extend class learning outcomes and will assist you to support your child’s progress.
- Inclusion in our Cyclabilities community! You will be given membership to our online social media group comprised of members of our team and other Cyclabilities families. This is a fabulous forum to ask questions, test strategies, draw in the experiences of other and connect with others who understand your journey.
The total cost of the program is $450 plus playgroup membership ($35 or $20 concession). Yep that’s right. You get all of this for less than the cost of a few of hours of therapy. Our goal is not to make money. In our own ways, each member of our team is a part of this community of children with special needs. This program is an opportunity for us to support others sharing our experience.