About our “Next Steps in Cycling” Program
Cyclabilities “Next Steps in Cycling” program is created by a transdisciplinary team of teachers, exercise physiologists and occupational therapists. The program is individualised and works to meet the goals and aspirations of each participant. Specific individual goals will be determined during the first session and will vary from individual to individual
The program has been developed to suit those able to stay upright on a bike and ride in a straight line for 20m and focuses on improving bike handling, confidence and ride skills whilst having tons of FUN.
For those starting to become independent riders this practical program will support each participant to build cycling confidence and capacity through:
- developing transferable bike handling skills
- developing strength and conditioning
- developing skills to ride in a group or with their family,
- develop skills to ride safely on bike paths and on quiet roads
- develop awareness and understanding of how to handle and navigate hazards
- develop cycle safety signals and skills
The program will run for 9 weeks with 60 minutes sessions.
The program is delivered by our two experienced Exercise Physiologists, Stuart and Jon, with support from educators Fiona and Selina and Occupational Therapist Sam as required.
How to book
To book and confirm your place in the program please pay for the term (see below) via direct bank transfer. You must also fill in the online Cyclabilities Questionnaire or below and send a reply confirmation so we know you have booked in (email@example.com). Alternatively fill in the form on the website.
A parent/carer will be required to attend the program with the participants each week. The program is designed to support parents to support the learning with their child.
As some of the program is outside it is essential that you use appropriate sun protection.
For insurance coverage all families need to be a member of ACT Playgroups Association. If you are already an active member please provide your membership number. If you are not a member an ACT Playgroup membership form needs to be completed.
- Dates: Term 3: Tuesday 25th July – Tuesday 19th September
- Time: 4:30pm – 5:30pm
- Address: Belconnen Learn to Ride Centre, Macdermott Place, Belconnen
- What to bring: Drink bottle, helmet, bike and a snack.
- Cost: $40 a session, Payment must be made in full before the program commences. $360 per term (9 sessions) plus ACT Playgroups membership ($35 per year).
- Payment required by 14th July
If you are registered with the NDIS and self managing your funds you may be eligible to use funding to access the program as we are a therapy based program. Unfortunately we are still in the process of registering as a provider.
If you would like to discuss this further please contact us.
Direct bank transfer details
- St George Account Name: Cyclabilities
- Account Number: 487 808 326
- BSB: 112-908